The Chaos of Summer’s End
If you are like me, you can’t believe that it is the end of summer! Well at least of official summer, that is until the kids are back in school and we begin the fall routine.
Chaos ensues for those of you who are sending wee ones to school, or teens to high school, or young adults off to University and college for their first time.
Here are 5 NeuroMindSHIFT™ Techniques to use during this trying time to Create Calm in the midst of the chaos!
- Put out an APB on yourself! We can lose ourselves in the plans to get ready for the turn of events at the end of summer. Doing the APB – gaining Awareness – Pausing – and taking a few deep Breaths will calm the chaos and decrease the fight or flight response so you can think clearer. Maybe you don’t need 6 more binders!
- Pause as you reach maximum inhalation and exhalation as you breathe for your APB. This engages the vagus nerve that promotes relaxation throughout the body. Even in the midst of the racing through Staples, breathe and pause.
- Think about what you are thankful for. Even in the darkest of moments, or the crazy preparations for back to school, there are simple thingswe can be grateful for like a sunset, a hug from a loved one, or a sip of good coffee. Being grateful has been proven again and again to dramatically improve your outlook and develops the habit of finding the positive in your day rather than focusing on the hassles and everyday challenges of life.
- Tap or press the gamut spot. This will decrease the fight or flightresponse in your body, help you to relax, reconnect within, and enhance your ability to stay calm in the chaos.
- Light a campfire! Doug and I were in Ottawa recently for the wedding of my dear friends Steve and Jayne Lowell. (Well now they are the Lowell’s!) Doug picked up an out of doors magazine that said that camp fires help us to relax and are good for the soul. I added the soul part! So, before summer ends sit and watch a crackling fire, relax with a beverage of choice, sing songs, share stories, and feel your spirit, love, and hope expand.
I hope these NeuroMindSHIFT™ tips help! Enjoy the rest of your summer and I’ll “see” you in September. Stay tuned for my “Fall Equinox” announcement.
Remember to keep your dreams alive, your hopes high, and your outlooks positive!
As an Award Winning Speaker, Sharon offers an Entertaining, uplifting and memorable experience. She truly comes alive on the stage and engages her audiences fully with laughter, enthusiasm and joy all the while sharing the most effective, fast and proven ways to de-stress quickly!
Does your team or group need a boost? Motivation to improve… not only at work but in life? Inspire them with a story like Sharon’s. Show them ways to overcome the chaos in life and to focus and get more results, contact Sharon about booking her to speak with your group.
Sharon Campbell Rayment